This special four-hour trip includes a 45-minute narrated scenic cruise each way with two to two and a half hours on Cape Lookout to enjoy as you wish.
- Round-Trip Prices
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 2 & under)
- Pet (Leashed)
Ride to Shackleford Banks West End
Enjoy this scenic 15-20 minute Shackleford Banks ferry ride to the west end of Shackleford Banks, where you can go horse watching, shelling, fishing, birding, and camping. This ferry service is the best way to get to the island! Look for dolphins as we cruise to Shackleford Banks.
The island is famous for a herd of over 100 Banker horses, the possible descendants of Spanish shipwrecks from over 500 years ago. They make up one of the few remaining isolated groups in North America.
You can also collect some amazing seashells along the water’s edge!
Although infants (ages 2 & under) are free, they must still be included in your reservation.
- Mar 1st – April 30th:
- Monday-Thursday: Every hour from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday: Every 30 minutes from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- May 1st – Sept 6th: Every 30 minutes from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sept 7th – Nov 28th: Every hour from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Nov 29th – Mar 5, 2022: 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. & 1 p.m.
- Sunblock, hat & sunglasses
- Drinks, snacks or picnic lunch
- Insect repellant
- Trash bags
- The trash you make is the trash you take; Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks are trash-free islands
- Two free carry-ons are allowed per person (e.g. tote, backpack, folding chair, small cooler)
- Extra bags or oversized items are allowed for an additional fee
- Lightweight compact folding chairs, coolers and umbrellas are permitted
- Limit of two fishing poles per passenger
- Hooks must be removed before boarding
- Pets are allowed on the boats for a small fee
- All pets must remain on leashes 6′ or shorter
- Glass bottles are prohibited
- Highly flammable liquids are not allowed on the boats
- Spear guns are prohibited
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, large folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge