This special four-hour trip includes a 45-minute narrated scenic cruise each way with two hours on Cape Lookout to enjoy as you wish.
Beaufort → Shackleford Banks
Round-Trip Ferry Ride: Town of Beaufort Ferry Gateway → Shackleford Banks & Return Trip
- Round-Trip Prices
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 2 & under)
- Pet (Leashed)
Ride to Shackleford Banks West End
Enjoy this scenic 20-30 minute Shackleford Banks ferry ride to the west end of Shackleford Banks, where you can go horse watching, shelling, fishing, birding, and camping. This ferry service is the best way to get to the island! Look for dolphins as we cruise to Shackleford Banks.
The island is famous for a herd of over 100 Banker horses, the possible descendants of Spanish shipwrecks from over 500 years ago. They make up one of the few remaining isolated groups in North America.
You can also collect some amazing seashells along the water’s edge!
Although infants (ages 2 & under) are free, they must still be included in your reservation.
Trip minimum of 4 adults tickets applies, not per single group but for total number of people on vessel.
- January -March 24thth:10am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, Last Pick up at 3:00pm
- March 25th-April 7th: Every Hour from 9:00am-4:00pm, Last Pick up 4:30pm
- April 8th- April 15th: Every 30 minutes from 8:30am-4:00pm, Last Pick up 4:30pm
- April 16th- May 4th: Every Hour from 9:00am-4:00pm, Last Pick up 4:30pm
- May 5th- Sept 4th: Every 30 Minutes from 8:30am-5:00pm, Last Pick up at 5:30pm
- Sept 5th- Nov 7th: Every Hour from 9:00am-4:00pm, Last Pick up at 4:30pm
- Nov 8th- Dec 31st: 10am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, Last Pick up at 3:00pm
- Sunblock, hat & sunglasses
- Drinks, snacks or picnic lunch
- Insect repellant
- Trash bags
- The trash you make is the trash you take; Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks are trash-free islands
- Two free carry-ons are allowed per person (e.g. tote, backpack, folding chair, small cooler)
- Extra bags or oversized items are allowed for an additional fee
- Lightweight compact folding chairs, coolers and umbrellas are permitted
- Limit of two fishing poles per passenger
- Hooks must be removed before boarding
- Pets are allowed on the boats for a small fee
- All pets must remain on leashes 6′ or shorter
- Glass bottles are prohibited
- Highly flammable liquids are not allowed on the boats
- Spear guns are prohibited
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, large folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge