Take a scenic ferry ride to Shackleford Banks and enjoy great shelling, explore and look for the famous Shackleford Banks horses, bird watch, swim and/or sunbathe.
Specialty Ferry to Cape Lookout
This special four-hour trip includes a 45-minute ferry ride on a large 49-passenger catamaran, during which you will enjoy the magnificence of nature’s panoramas.
Once at Cape Lookout you are free to explore, enjoy, and relax for two to two and a half hours before departing Cape Lookout to return to Beaufort. Prepare for a fun adventure! Take in all the gorgeous sights of the seashore, including wildlife sightings of dolphins, wild horses, local bird species, and more. Go for a swim or just explore the shore, looking for seashells as you walk along the water.
We are the only ferry authorized to drop off at the lighthouse! Book your trip online. Although infants (ages 2 & under) are free, they must still be included in your reservation.
Trips are offered at 9 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
- Sunblock, hat & sunglasses
- Drinks, snacks or picnic lunch
- Insect repellant
- Trash bags
- The trash you make is the trash you take; Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks are trash-free islands
- Two free carry-ons are allowed per person (e.g. tote, backpack, folding chair, small cooler)
- Extra bags or oversized items are allowed for an additional fee
- Lightweight compact folding chairs, coolers and umbrellas are permitted
- Limit of two fishing poles per passenger
- Hooks must be removed before boarding
- Pets are allowed on the boats for a small fee
- All pets must remain on leashes 6′ or shorter
- Glass bottles are prohibited
- Highly flammable liquids are not allowed on the boats
- Spear guns are prohibited
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, large folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge