Island Express Ferry Service is committed to exceeding the environmental and safety standards established for the Cape Lookout National Seashore.
- We are committed to complying with applicable laws pertaining to human health and the environment.
- Top priority is given to the preservation and conservation of our natural resources.
- Health, safety, and environmental sustainability are of utmost importance.
- We are moving forward through continuous education in order to protect the quality of life for our employees, guests and the environment of Eastern North Carolina.
At Island Express Ferry Service, we are committed to conducting our business in a highly responsible manner. Using best management practices, we are complying with environmental legislation, regulations, and our own high standards.
- We participate in environmental programs with government organizations at all levels and other companies that are committed to improving the environment.
- We promote education programs about the resources of Cape Lookout National Seashore in order to for us to learn and help others understand the environmental processes and health of the ecosystem.
- We promote environmental education programs to the park visitors and groups by offering learning experiences and printed information.
- We strive to improve environmental management systems and to share this information with others.
- We assess the environmental impacts of the products we introduce to the park.
- We establish environmental objectives according to the nature and scale of our operations.
- We determine the effectiveness of our environmental management system on an annual basis and communicate with our employees and the National Park Service about our findings.
We promote the principles of “Leave No Trace.”
- Plan ahead and prepare, travel and camp on durable surfaces, dispose of waste properly, leave what you find, minimize campfire impacts, respect wildlife, and be considerate of other park visitors. The entire IEFS staff is constantly looking for ways to lessen our impact on the natural resources of the park.