Enjoy a relaxing and fun 15-20 minute ferry ride to Cape Lookout Lighthouse. Be on the lookout for dolphins and horses along the way.
- Round-Trip Prices
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 2 & under)
- Pet (Leashed)
Visit Two Islands in One Day
This combo package allows you to take in the beauty of two beautiful destinations in one day! Enjoy the ride to your first destination of Shackleford Banks-East, then finish your day on Cape Lookout. The ferry departs from the Harkers Island Visitor Center.
Look for dolphins, local birds, wild horses, and more! Go shelling and enjoy views of the seashore. Book your Island Express ferry ride today.
Although infants (ages 2 & under) are free, they must still be included in your reservation.
Trip minimum of 5 adult tickets applies.
- Mar 1st – April 30th:
- Monday-Thursday: Every hour from 9:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday: Every 30 minutes from 8:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- May 1st – Sept 6th: Every 30 minutes from 8:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Sept 7th – Nov 28th: Every hour from 9:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Sunblock, hat & sunglasses
- Drinks, snacks or picnic lunch
- Insect repellant
- Trash bags
- The trash you make is the trash you take; Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks are trash-free islands
- Two free carry-ons are allowed per person (e.g. tote, backpack, folding chair, small cooler)
- Extra bags or oversized items are allowed for an additional fee
- Lightweight compact folding chairs, coolers and umbrellas are permitted
- Limit of two fishing poles per passenger
- Hooks must be removed before boarding
- Pets are allowed on the boats for a small fee
- All pets must remain on leashes 6′ or shorter
- Glass bottles are prohibited
- Highly flammable liquids are not allowed on the boats
- Spear guns are prohibited
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, large folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge