Enjoy a relaxing and fun 20-25 minute ferry ride to Cape Lookout Lighthouse. Be on the lookout for dolphins and horses along the way.
Harkers Island → Shackleford Banks
Round-Trip Ferry Ride: Harkers Island Visitor Center → Shackleford Banks & Return Trip-DEPARTING FROM HARKERS ISLAND!
- Round-Trip Prices
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
- Infant (Ages 2 & under)
- Pet (Leashed)
Visit Shackleford Banks East End by Ferry
This approximately 20-25-minute Shackleford ferry ride takes you to the east end of Shackleford Banks, where you can enjoy captivating sights of the wild horses, explore for seashells and birds, and go camping with the view of the lighthouse in the distance.
Enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the island as you watch for local bird species and the famous Banker horses, possible descendants of Spanish shipwrecks from over 500 years ago. You may glimpse this herd of over 110 horses roaming the island.
Although infants (ages 2 & under) are free, they must still be included in your reservation.
**During our Fall/Winter Months-we May use either our 27 Foot Carolina Skiff or our 45 Foot Corinthian Catamaran Depending on the Passenger Loads**
Trip minimum of 4 adults tickets applies, not per single group but for total number of people on vessel.
- January -March 24th: 10am, 11:30am, 1:00pm
- March 25th- April 7th: 8:15am-4:15pm, Departing Every Hour, Last Pick up 3:30pm
- April 8th- April 16th: 8:15am-5:15pm, Departing Every 30 Mins, Last Pick up 3:30pm
- April 17th- May 4th: 8:15am-4:15pm, Departing Every Hour, Last Pick up 3:30pm
- May 5th-Sept 4th: 8:15am-5:15pm, Departing Every 30 Mins, Last Pick up 3:30pm
- Sept 5th- Nov 4th: 8:15am-4:15pm, Departing Every Hour, Last Pick up 3:30pm
- Nov 5th- Dec 31st: 10am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, Last Pick up 3:30pm
DEPARTING FROM 1800 ISLAND ROAD, HARKERS ISLAND
- Sunblock, hat & sunglasses
- Drinks, snacks or picnic lunch
- Insect repellant
- Trash bags
- The trash you make is the trash you take; Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks are trash-free islands
- Two free carry-ons are allowed per person (e.g. tote, backpack, folding chair, small cooler)
- Extra bags or oversized items are allowed for an additional fee
- Lightweight compact folding chairs, coolers and umbrellas are permitted
- Limit of two fishing poles per passenger
- Hooks must be removed before boarding
- Pets are allowed on the boats for a small fee
- All pets must remain on leashes 6′ or shorter
- Glass bottles are prohibited
- Highly flammable liquids are not allowed on the boats
- Spear guns are prohibited
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, large folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge