Ticket Policies & Useful Tips
- Book your tickets online here.
- Please allow plenty of time to check in and get your tickets.
- Tickets booths open one hour before first scheduled departure.
- Boat tickets may be purchased from the Island Express Ferry Service ticket office, online or by telephone.
- Reservations accepted for large groups.
- Cash and all major credit cards accepted.
Tips About Our Ferry Rides
Be prepared for intense heat and humidity mid-July thru September.
- There are few trees on the islands and shade is non-existent. Sunscreen, protective clothing, and eyewear are essential.
- In summer, the sand and boardwalk at Cape Lookout may be extremely hot, so shoes are required.
- Shaded seating can be found at Cape Lookout in the park service’s areas and at the picnic shelter located near the boat dock.
- There are no sinks or running water.
Ferry passengers are allowed a limited amount of carry-on items.
- You are permitted to carry on items such as backpacks, beach bags, and small coolers.
- Don’t overload yourself: too much gear is an unnecessary burden on everyone for such a short excursion.
- Travel light for a more enjoyable visitor experience and easier hiking, especially in the heat of mid-summer.
- Our regular passengers carry very little during their island visits for good reason.
Remember to wear suitable clothing for sand and wet conditions.
- Remember to check the local weather prior to leaving and dress accordingly.