Enjoy a fun ferry ride to the east end of Shackleford Banks, home of fabulous shelling and the famous Shackleford Banks horses.
The Perfect Way to Get to Cape Lookout
On this gorgeous 15-20 minute ferry ride to Cape Lookout, you may catch a glimpse of the Shackleford Banks horses, bottlenose dolphins, sea turtles, and more! Enjoy the majestic Cape Lookout lighthouse, surf fishing, wide beaches, and the beach shuttle to get you to the best shelling on the eastern seaboard!
Cape Lookout offers something amazing for every traveler, whether you’re interested in collecting the most beautiful seashells in the area, going for a swim, or exploring the lighthouse. Discovering the North Carolina shoreline starts with an Island Express ferry ride!
- Mar 1 – Apr 14: Every hour from 9:15 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Apr 15 – Sept 15: Every 30 minutes from 8:15 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
- Sept 16 – Nov 24: Every hour from 9:15 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Nov 25 – Feb 28, 2020: 10 a.m., 12 p.m. & 2 p.m.
- What to Bring
- Sunblock, hat & sunglasses
- Drinks, snacks or picnic lunch
- Insect repellant
- Trash bags
- The trash you make is the trash you take; Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks are trash-free islands
- Two free carry-ons are allowed per person (e.g. tote, backpack, folding chair, small cooler)
- Extra bags or oversized items are allowed for an additional fee
- Lightweight compact folding chairs, coolers and umbrellas are permitted
- Limit of two fishing poles per passenger
- Hooks must be removed before boarding
- Pets are allowed on the boats for a small fee
- All pets must remain on leashes 6′ or shorter
- What NOT to Bring
- Glass bottles are prohibited
- Highly flammable liquids are not allowed on the boats
- Spear guns are prohibited
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, large folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge