Ferry to Cape Lookout as you hear stories about the Harkers Island natives, then enjoy an hour of free time to explore the island before your return trip.
Enjoy a Shackleford Banks Sunset Cruise with Dolphin Sightings
Enjoy a breathtaking narrated scenic cruise on one of our 49-passenger catamarans en route to Shackleford Banks. After a thirty-minute narrated scenic cruise to Shackleford Banks, you are dropped off to enjoy an hour of free time, where you can look for the herd of more than 110 wild Banker horses that call the island home. These horses are possibly descendants of horses from Spanish shipwrecks from over 500 years ago.
Seashell collectors can also search for some of the most beautiful shells imaginable on the shores of Shackleford Banks.
You’ll then re-board the ferry for the return ride for even more beautiful sunset views of Shackleford Banks and the beautiful waters that surround us. While cruising, be on the lookout for dolphins swimming alongside the boat. Reservations are required. Although infants (ages 2 & under) are free, they must still be included in your reservation.
Trips are offered at 6:30 p.m.
- What to Bring
- Drinks and snacks
- Insect repellant
- Trash bags
- The trash you make is the trash you take; Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks are trash-free islands
- Two free carry-ons are allowed per person (e.g. tote, backpack, folding chair, small cooler)
- Pets are allowed on the boats for a small fee
- All pets must remain on leashes 6′ or shorter
- What NOT to Bring
- Glass bottles are prohibited
- Highly flammable liquids are not allowed on the boats
- Spear guns are prohibited
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, large folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge