4WD Kubota Side-by-Side | Up to 4 Passengers
- Half Day 4 Hours | Ages 25+
- Full Day 8 Hours | Ages 25+
See more of the island on our UTV’s!
Times, price, and duration of our UTV rentals will vary by season!
WHEN BOOKING YOUR RENTAL, THE PRICE IS FOR THE WHOLE RENTAL NOT PER PASSENGER.
BE SURE TO BOOK YOUR FERRY RIDE AFTER YOU BOOK YOUR UTV, WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE A SPACE ON THE FERRY IF YOU DO A WALK UP, IN SEASON TRIPS ARE USUALLY ALWAYS FULL DURING THE DAY. YOU MUST BOOK FROM HARKERS ISLAND TO CAPE LOOKOUT IN ORDER TO GET YOUR UTV.
What better way to enjoy the scenic landscape of Cape Lookout than by renting one of our new Kubota UTVs? From the lighthouse, take a ride out to the point at Cape Lookout for great fishing and some of the best shelling in the area. Along the way, be sure to keep your eyes open for birds and other wildlife. You may also take a step back in time as you travel through the historic Cape Lookout Village and by the old lifesaving station and several old cottages.
Our UTVs are fun for the whole family and allow you to see more of the island. Since we are the only UTV rentals at the lighthouse, this means less time driving and more time on the beach looking for shells! 4x4s can carry up to four passengers and are a fun way to explore Cape Lookout. We have helmets available as an option for our passengers. We offer half-day and full-day UTV rentals.
Renters must be 25 years or older with a valid driver’s license to rent and drive a UTV. Only 4 people are allowed to ride in a UTV, regardless of age.
All waivers must be signed for everyone who will be on the Kubato’s. If waivers are not signed 24 hour prior to departure time, there is a chance of losing your reservation. (Waivers can be signed up to 30 days in advance, they can not be signed before the 30 day mark)
Rentals must be returned no later than 5 minutes past their scheduled return time. If later than 5 minutes, a fee of $100.00 per hour will be charged.
We ask that renters please use proper driving etiquette when operating UTVs:
- All drivers must show proper driving etiquette.
- When there is an approaching vehicle, try to pull off when you come to a shoulder.
- You must follow all instructions given to you before departing from the rental area.
- All Kubota’s are governed to an appropriate and safe speed. All vehicles must be kept in 4 wheel drive.
- At no time will any vehicles be allowed in any areas where signs saying “Authorized Vehicles ONLY” are posted.
- At no time are vehicles to go into the water, on any of the dunes, or on any vegetation.
- When driving on the beach, please do not drive between trucks (campers) and the water.
- Please respect the people fishing with lines.
- When approaching a camper or truck, please slow down and watch for children playing.
- All vehicles will be given a map to show closed off areas.
- No open containers allowed while on UTV.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE STATIONED ALL THROUGHOUT CAPE LOOKOUT NATIONAL SEASHORE; IF AT ANYTIME ANY OF OUR RENTAL’S ARE SPOTTED WITH MORE THEN 4 PASSENGERS ON BOARD, ONE OF OUR EMPLOYEES WILL THEN ASK THE WHOLE GROUP TO VACATE THE RENTAL AND ALL MONEY WILL BE FORFEITED.
Please abide by all rules. IEFS would like to keep Cape Lookout National Seashore a safe and enjoyable place.
Cancellation Policy: Must be 48 hours prior to departure for refund or rescheduling.