What To Bring
- Trash bags
- Hand sanitizer and/or wet wipes
- Sunblock, hat and sunglasses are essential.
- Travel light. Carry-ons are allowed for a small fee. However space is limited. Small backpacks and coolers are best.
- Small coolers permitted (42 quart limit).
- Lightweight compact folding chairs and umbrellas are permitted.
- Limit two fishing poles per passenger. Hooks must be removed before boarding.
- Carry-on items subject to search before boarding.
- There are no trash receptacles, so plan to bring back everything you take.
- Drinks, snacks or picnic lunch.
- Insect Repellant.
- Pets allowed on the boats for an nominal fee, but remember that all pets must remain on leashes 6' or shorter.
What NOT To Bring
- Due to restricted space, large items such as wagons, non-folding luggage carriers, unbagged folding chairs, huge strollers, etc. will be accommodated as space permits for an additional charge.
- Glass bottles and containers are prohibited.
- Highly flammable liquids, including propane, are not allowed on the boats.
- Spear guns prohibited.
Book online or
Please call us at
FRIDAY, MARCH 31ST - FERRY SERVICE CANCELLED DUE TO HIGH WINDS AND POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS. FERRY SERVICE WILL RESUME ON SATURDAY, APRIL 1ST.
SPRING SCHEDULE MARCH 1 - APRIL 14
BEAUFORT to SHACKLEFORD BANKS
We are departing every hour on the hour beginning at 9 am through 3 pm. Ferries depart from Shackleford every hour on the hour beginning at 10:30 am with the last departure at 3:30 pm.
HARKERS ISLAND to SHACKLEFORD BANKS (East End) or CAPE LOOKOUT
We are departing every hour on the quarter hour beginning at 9:15 am through 3:15 pm. Ferries depart from the East end of Shackleford and/or Cape Lookout every hour on the three quarter hour beginning at 9:45 am with the last departure at 3:45 pm.
We are also running COMBO TRIPS from Harkers Island
every hour on the quarter hour beginning at 9:15 am. To get your best experience on BOTH islands, we suggest that you schedule your combo trip at 9:15 am, 10:15 am or 11:15 am.